Boss & Hunky – Andrea Mower
All of the RA Navigators here today have already completed or are currently apprentices in the RA Navigator Apprenticeship Program. What is the RA Navigator?
An apprenticeship program to train people to develop and manage apprenticeship programs
Registered in the State of PA, the one-year competency-based apprenticeship program includes 2,000 hours of on-the-job training (OJT) plus 144 hours of Related Technical Instruction (RTI) delivered virtually to apprentices statewide. The curriculum is designed to provide Navigators with the knowledge and skills needed to support all aspects of registered apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship, from program design and registration to managing programs and supporting apprentices. Advanced apprenticeship knowledge around project management, mentorship, Diversity Equity Inclusion & Access (DEIA), and policy & advocacy is also taught. The program is designed to provide Navigators with a full spectrum of practical apprenticeship knowledge that is transferable to new or enhanced apprenticeship-focused roles, both within and outside their organizations. Navigators gain first-hand experience as an apprentice, and are provided with tools for engaging and partnering with the many stakeholders needed to make apprenticeship programs succeed.
This program is supported by the Lancaster County Workforce Development Board to help recruit and provide a network of Apprenticeship Navigators to provide local assistance in conjunction with the ATO to help meet both Statewide and Federal initiatives aimed at increasing, diversifying, and expanding apprenticeships in the US.
Who are the Navigators:
- Table 2 – Joe Bass, Apprenticeship and Training Office
- Table 3 – Todd Mogle – Apprenticeship and Training Coordinator – PA CareerLink® Lancaster County
- Table 4 – Tyrone Miller –CEO, Lancaster Works
- Table 7 – Valerie Hatfield – Assistant Director – Lancaster County Workforce Development Board
- Table 8 – Kimberley Patrick – Frameworks Consulting
- Table 10 – Melissa Van Dorn – Project Director – Lancaster County CareerLink®
- Table 11 – Nick Landis – Education Specialist, Manufacturing and Apprenticeship, HACC
- Table 12 – Pamela Baldwin – Business Services Representative, PA CareerLink®
Who do we represent? Today we represent PA CareerLink® Business Services Team, Lancaster County Workforce Development Board, Training Providers and Employers
How to connect with us: If you have an individual relationship with anyone, feel free to connect! You can also learn more about Apprenticeships here https://www.pacareerlink.pa.gov/jponline/Apprenticeships/ResourcesForRAPrograms, and you can connect with a Navigator for a 1:1 consultation here: https://www.lancastercountywib.com/workforce-solutions/apprenticeships/