Join us every 2nd Tuesday (excluding April, August, and September) from 7:30 am to 9 am for our monthly learning programs. Hosted by the Professional Development Committee, these programs are eligible for SHRM and HRCI credits and are held at the PA College of Health Sciences on Greenfield Road.
- July 14th – Neurodiverse Hiring with Greater Valley Forge Human Resources Association
- October 10th – Hosted by the DE&I Committee
- November 14th – Apprenticeships with Tara Loew hosted by the Workforce Readiness Committee
- December 12th – Annual Business Meeting
Hosted twice a year at the IU-13 Training Center, join over 200 attendees for a full day of HR content. Conferences are eligible for up to 5 SHRM and HRCI credits.
- Spring Conference – April 24th, 2023 with keynote speaker Vanessa Philbert
- Fall Legal Update – September 29th, 2023 with keynote speaker Johnathan Segal
Certification Prep Classes:
Our Professional Development Committee hosts two certification prep series a year. Spring classes cover the HRCI credentials and our Fall classes cover SHRM credentials. Registration is open for our Fall 2023 SHRM prep classes.
HR 101 Series:
Hosted by the Government Affairs Committee, this 6-block series follows the “life of an employee” and rotates every 1.5 years. Jump in wherever you need a little refresh on the basics of HR.
- Sept 21st – HR 101: Hiring
- November 16th – HR 101: Wage & Hour
- Jan 11th – HR 101: Admin Agency Overviews
- Feb 8th – HR 101: Medical Leave
- April 11th – HR 101: Worker’s Comp
- June 13th – HR 101: Discipline/Termination
- Sept 12th – Start of new series HR 101: Hiring
- Nov 14th – HR 101: Wage & Hour
B.Y.O. Lunch & Learn:
Bring your lunch and meet us at the Workforce Development Board from 12 pm to 1 pm for a facilitated discussion highlighting current policies. Hosted by the Government Affairs Committee, this series is meant to keep our members informed and in compliance.
- October 19th – B.Y.O. Lunch & Learn – Topic TBD
- March 14th – B.Y.O. Lunch & Learn – Topic TBD
- May 9th – B.Y.O. Lunch & Learn – Topic TBD
- July 11th – B.Y.O. Lunch & Learn – Topic TBD
- October 10th – B.Y.O. Lunch & Learn – Topic TBD
Workforce WOW Series
Our Workforce WOW Series investigates local workforce resources for your organizations.
Celebrate and Network during these quarterly mixers.
Annual Membership Celebration:
Join us in the last quarter to celebrate year end accomplishments! This event is hosted by the Membership Committee. Stay tuned for more details.
New Member Orientations:
Our Membership Committee hosts orientation the 2nd Wednesday of every other month from 5:30 pm to 6 pm virtually. Seasoned members welcome too!
Board & Committee Meetings:
Interested in joining as an LSHRM volunteer? Join any committee meeting to see where is a good fit!