The mission of Lancaster SHRM, a SHRM Chapter, is to meet the needs of our members through continually improving our services, enhancing our organization’s professionalism, building on past traditions and regularly challenging existing beliefs and practices. We recognize our vital role in promoting our members’ growth by providing continuing education opportunities and encouraging active membership involvement at local and national levels. In all of our Association activities, we will adhere to sound business practices, while promoting the highest ethical standards.
CODE OF ETHICS
As a member of Lancaster SHRM, I pledge myself to:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct.
- Strive for personal growth in the field of human resource management.
- Support the Association’s goals and objectives for developing the human resource management profession.
- Encourage my employer to make the fair and equitable treatment of all employees a primary concern.
- Strive to make my employer successful through the support and encouragement of effective employment practices.
- Instill in the employees and the public a sense of confidence about the conduct and intentions of my employer.
- Maintain loyalty to my employer and pursue its objectives in ways that are consistent with the public interest.
- Support all employment laws, regulations and policies relating to my employer’s activities.
- Refrain from using my official position, either regular or volunteer, to secure special privileges, gain or benefit for myself, or to directly sell, promote or otherwise encourage other members to purchase or use my employer’s products and/or services.
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Improve public understanding of the role of human resource management.
This Code of Ethics for members of Lancaster SHRM has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards of personal conduct and professionalism among its members. Adherence to this code is required for membership in the Association and serves to assure public confidence in the integrity and service of human resource management professionals.