The Workforce Readiness Committee works collaboratively to connect and prepare people for their careers. Committee Description PDF
Goals & Objectives:
- Actively engage with local schools, at all levels, to equip students with the skills needed to successfully transition into workplaces.
- Collaborate with organizations to provide the tools and resources necessary to offer opportunities for students in the workplace.
- Encourage mentoring of individuals seeking a career in HR.
- Raise awareness, educate and connect our members to local community partners that will help bridge the skills and opportunity gaps and advance our workplaces.
- Report on workforce readiness issues to chapter members and serve as advocate at chapter activities for education programs.
Join us for our November 14th Breakfast Program. Tara Loew will be presenting on PA Department of Labor’s Registered Apprenticeship program. In the past few years, the ATO has developed programs not only for the trades but for a variety of industries including HR. Tara will share about the program, how it can benefit employers and the workforce, and information about funding the program. Additionally, Tara will bring an employer to share about their experience implementing apprenticeship programs and the benefits.
Our Workforce WOW Series investigates local workforce resources for your organizations.
Stay tuned for our next partnership!