Great Place to Work!
BRT, Inc. – a national bulk liquid products transportation leader in B2B logistics with 140+ Team Members, is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to support the operations of the Human Resources department. This position reports to the Sr. H.R. Manager and assists with various H.R. functions. The ideal candidate must have a passion for helping others and be able to interact and communicate professionally and effectively with people at all levels of the organization, with a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality.
The Human Resource Generalist will support the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including benefits, leaves, orientations, and enforcing company policies and practices. ($55,00 – $63,000)
- Implements new hire orientation and wellness programs
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation; benefits; leaves; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations;
- performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development
- Conducts orientation and onboarding tasks
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employees and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Responds to past employment verifications
- Assists with Team Member recognition programs
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Assists with Team Member engagement exercises
- Assists with company event planning and execution
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be a team player who can also work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially in Excel
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS & training systems.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent combination of experience
At least 5 years of human resource generalist experience required
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org