Benchmark Construction Company is a full-service general contractor located in Brownstown, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, offering construction management, design/build, preconstruction, estimating and construction services. Since beginning operations in 1985, we have contracted for over $1 billion in construction projects throughout our geographic region which includes central and southeast Pennsylvania along with parts of Northern Maryland and Northern Delaware.
Today, Benchmark employs approximately 200 people, which includes an experienced professional staff and a field force of over 100 journeyman carpenters, apprentices, and laborers – all focused on one goal, that the services provided exceed the expectations of our customers.
Human Resources Assistant
- Schedule new team members in a comprehensive onboarding process.
- Assist in Benchmark’s college intern program, to ensure it is a strong talent pipeline.
- Support co-op and intern opportunities for high school and tech school students.
- Support recruiting and hiring efforts company wide, and specifically lead those efforts for field positions, scheduling interviews, and giving support as needed.
- Conduct 30-day check ins and exit interviews and discuss insights with L&C and managers.
- Administer Benchmarks’ HRIS system including entering, maintaining, and updating employee data of various sorts.
- Assist with development and implementation of employee engagement and recognition strategies.
- Provide support to the General Superintendent.
- Serve as a handbook expert and reference for policy questions.
- Assist Director of Training & Development in the scheduling and documenting of trainings
- Provide front desk administrative support on a scheduled basis.
- Assist with performance management processes.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record keeping.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and professionalism.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
If you are a detail-oriented individual with a passion for HR and excellent organizational skills, we would love to hear from you. Apply today to join our dynamic HR team!
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour DOE
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com