Charles & Alice
Charles & Alice is a leading international processor and co-packer of applesauce and other natural fruit-based products. Besides our Charles & Alice brand of chilled and ambient packaged fruits, we also produce a host of national retailer brands. We are experiencing consistent sales growth and expansion of our production operations. We are seeking to hire a Human Resources Manager at our US headquarters and food manufacturing plant of approximately 70 employees in Lancaster, PA.
The Human Resources Manager oversees the Human Resources function for the Charles & Alice North American Operations and reports to the President & CEO. The job duties for the position include:
· Provide vision and strategic planning for human resources for the North American Operations.
· Source employment candidates and facilitate the hiring process for employees, including interviewing, references, and background checks.
· Oversee employee benefits, including managing the benefits broker, facilitating open enrollment, and benefits systems administration.
· Oversee employee training and development processes, including new employee orientation, training records, performance reviews, and safety training.
· Provide compliant and accurate employee recordkeeping processes, including managing the personnel files.
· Oversee employee relations and employment law risk mitigation processes, including coaching supervisors through performance management issues, monitoring employee engagement, and performing legal risk assessments for employment actions.
· Oversee employment policy development and revisions to the Employee Handbook.
· Oversee workers compensation processes, including managing the workers compensation carrier, updating the OSHA log, and managing the treatment of injured employees.
· Oversee the social responsibility audits, including monitoring processes, assisting employees and managers with audit preparation, and being the Charles & Alice site leader for the audits.
· Assist with safety processes, including annual audiometric testing and updating the Safety Manual.
· Assist with employee compensation tasks, including compensation benchmarking.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field (Master’s degree preferred);
· Professional Human Resources certification (e.g., SPHR, SHRC-SCP) preferred;
· At least 5 years of human resources generalist experience, including at least 2 years as the senior human resources manager at an organization of comparable size and scope; and
· Food manufacturing experience preferred.
The competencies for this position include:
· Human resources vision and strategic planning
· Employee benefits
· Recruiting and hiring
· Training and development
· Employee compensation
· Employment recordkeeping
· Employment law risk mitigation
· Performance management
· Employee engagement
· Policy development
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Workers’ compensation
· Social responsibility audits
· Ability to read, write, and understand English
Charles & Alice offers an attractive benefits program, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off and holidays, 401(k) plan with company match, and many other benefits. We also offer a great working environment and company culture.
To apply for this excellent career opportunity, reply to this ad or send your resume to HR@charles-alice.com or Charles & Alice, Attn: Human Resources, 2870 Yellow Goose Road, Lancaster, PA 17601. EOE
To apply for this job email your details to HR@charles-alice.com