- This event has passed.
HR 101 – FLSA/Wage and Hour
November 16 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Hosted by the Government Affairs Committee, this 6-block series follows the “life of an employee” and rotates every 1.5 years. Jump in wherever you need a little refresh on the basics of HR. EXCITING UPDATE: HR:101 programs are now SHRM and HRCI credit approved!
*Registration is required to attend.
Topic: FLSA/Wage and Hour – Pay rules – Exempt vs Non-Exempt Presented by Caleb Setlock of Barley Snyder
Attendees will learn:
· What businesses the Fair Labor Standards Act and Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Act apply to
· General laws for the employment of minors
· General laws for federal and state minimum wage and overtime requirements
· Potential employee exemptions from minimum wage and overtime requirements
· How to calculate “hours worked” and “regular rate” for non-exempt employees
Caleb P. Setlock, Esq. is a labor and employment attorney at Barley Snyder LLP. Caleb has experience defending a wide variety of employment claims. His primary practice includes federal discrimination claims under Title VII, 42 U.S.C. § 1981, the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the ADEA, Title VIII and the Fair Housing Act, and state discrimination claims under the PHRA and the PFEOA. Caleb also handles claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act and Pennsylvania’s Minimum Wage Act, and Wage Payment and Collection Law. Caleb also gives presentations to companies and managers for best-practice compliance methods, at seminars for legal updates, and anti-harassment, anti-diversity training to all employees.
Save the dates for 2024!
- Jan 11th 2024 – HR 101: Admin Agency Overviews
- Feb 8th 2024 – HR 101: Medical Leave
- April 11th 2024 – HR 101: Worker’s Comp
- June 13th 2024 – HR 101: Discipline/Termination
- Sept 12th 2024 – Start of new series HR 101: Hiring
- Nov 14th 2024 – HR 101: Wage & Hour