- May Meeting
May 14, 2019
7:15 am - 9:00 am
Tips from the Trenches: Preparing for and Navigating a Company Crisis
Are you prepared to handle an unexpected crisis? Whether it’s an allegation of misconduct, an on-the-job injury, a security issue or other unanticipated event, no one is immune to the risks of an unexpected crisis. Join experts from the fields of public relations, legal and HR for an interactive discussion on the steps to take before, during and after a crisis to protect yourself, your business, your employees and your reputation.
As a result of this program, attendees will be able to:
1. Clearly understand the important role of HR before, during and after a crisis and best practices while working with legal and public relations
2. Identify key components of a crisis communications plan and how elements of that plan could be incorporated into business operations
3. Identify when legal counsel should be alerted to a potential crisis
4. Develop a crisis management team, including the top staff that would be a part of this team and how they will interact with each other
5. Understand and execute the first critical steps during a crisis including what to say and what not to say and how to make sure your entire company is prepared.
Public Relations Director of GRIT Marketing Group
As a passionate communications professional, Natonia Samchuck, public relations director of GRIT Marketing Group, has spent her career building, managing and protecting strong brand reputations for her clients through the development and execution of strategic public relations strategies and tactics.
Amanda King, SPHR, sHRBP
Founder and President, Operam HR
Amanda King is the founder and president of Operam HR Inc. Amanda provides human resources management, compliance and recruiting strategies for clients. Her experience with large, multi-national corporations has taught her the importance of balancing the needs of management and employees through open lines of communication, education and a willingness to evolve company programs to meet the changing demands of the modern workforce.
Angela Sanders, Esquire
Brubaker, Connaughton, Goss & Lucarelli
Angela is an attorney at BCGL. She focuses her practice in the areas of Employment Law, Civil Litigation, Collections and Landlord/Tenant Law. As part of BCGL’s Employment Law Group, Angela has been involved in defending claims before administrative agencies and in both federal and state court. Angela conducts training for businesses and for professional and industry groups. She handles a variety of litigation
matters, including defense of defamation claims, internet defamation and harassment claims, land disputes and breach of contract actions. Angela’s practice also focuses on the impact of technology in litigation and she counsels clients on issues involving social media, e-discovery and pretrial computer management.
Venue: Lancaster Farm & Home Center
Venue Website: http://www.farmandhomecenter.com/Address: