- June 11, 2019
7:30 am - 12:30 pm
2019 DIVERSITY SUMMIT
EVERYONE HAS A STORY
Presented by the LSHRM Diversity Committee in partnership with the Lancaster Chamber
The Lancaster Chamber and Lancaster SHRM present “Everyone Has A Story”—a half-day summit featuring four national and local speakers. These speakers will engage and help us to delve deeper into areas of racism, disability, and the need for not only diversity, but inclusion in the workforce.
Dr. Steve Robbins – Unintentional Intolerance
Dr. Robbins is an international speaker who uses neuroscience and the science of human behavior to challenge organizations to be more open-minded. His concept of “Unintentional Intolerance” has been presented to organizations such as NASA, Boeing, Caterpillar, Microsoft, Gap Inc., and more.
Heather Valudes – Immigration Employer Consortium
Heather Valudes, Community Impact Director at Lancaster Chamber, will speak about her newly created Employer Immigration Consortium, which looks to partner employers together to hire, train, and retain the immigrant population within the workforce.
Dr. Amanda Kemp – Stop the Hurt: 5 Steps to Stop Implicit Racial Bias
Dr. Kemp will speak on racism and unconscious bias. She uses the Starbucks example to define racial bias and then provides her 5 steps to help your business and teams stop implicit racial bias and become more inclusive and equitable
Kayla McKeon – IMAGINE: Career Opportunities and Abilities of Individuals with Down Syndrome
Kayla McKeon will speak on “Imagine: Career Opportunities and Abilities of Individuals with Down Syndrome”. Kayla is the first registered Capitol Hill lobbyist with Down syndrome and has successfully lobbied to get a bill signed helping those with disabilities in the workforce.
VIP Lunch with Diversity Summit Speakers
LSHRM and Lancaster Chamber are hosting a VIP lunch immediately following the Diversity Summit on Tuesday, 6/11/19. Join us from 12:30 – 2:00 and and enjoy a follow up lunch to learn more about Diversity and Inclusion from our speakers.
***There is a separate registration page for the VIP lunch***
Diversity Summit qualifies for 3.5 SHRM/HRCI professional development credits – approval pending.
- All cancellations must be received in writing. Members must email the cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations received at least two (2) weeks prior to the conference date will receive a 100% refund. A processing fee will apply.
- Cancellations received at least one (1) week prior to the conference date will receive a 50% refund. A processing fee will apply.
- No refund will be issued for any cancellation request received within one (1) week of the conference date, however, an alternate person may attend in the registrant’s place.
- No refund will be issued to attendees who registered for the full year of LSHRM programs, however, an alternate person may attend in the registrant’s place.
Venue: Spooky Nook Sports
Venue Website: https://www.spookynooksports.com/Address:
75 Champ Blvd.
Manheim PA 17545
Spooky Nook Sports
2913 Spooky Nook Rd.
Manheim PA 17545